Friday, July 27, 2012

I'm Back!

I finally got a chance to get back on here and dust off the old blog! The past year has been a delightful whirlwind full of wedding planning, moving, and sugar (of course), which I can't possibly sum up into one blog post.  I will, however, break it down into a series of a few blog posts that way I get to cover everything ;-)  First up- Wedding planning!  I'm now a happily married lady enjoying the "stillness" after the past year of preparing for the wedding. I can't deny I miss the excitement and pressure of planning from time to time, but for the most part I'm relieved it's over and thoroughly enjoying the next stage in life - marriage!



Wedding planning was both fun and stressful.  I tend to have a type A personality and can't function unless things are exactly how I pictured in my head.  This causes for more stress and a harder time planning as it seemed most of the things I envisioned just weren't existing in any store I was going to or any magazine I was looking through.  Solution? DIY & Etsy!

I'm a pretty crafty chick and I enjoy making things myself and figuring out how to make things I don't currently know how to do.  But once we selected our venue and all of our vendors, there was already less than a year to go till the big day. I knew I wouldn't be able to do it all and that's where Etsy came in.  Etsy, for those of you who don't know, is an online marketplace with hundreds and hundreds of shops who sell handmade and often, custom items.  It is THE place to go if you need something you just can't find anywhere else - and my preferred method of shopping for any kind of gift I might be giving. I LOVE being able to support small and individual businesses.   Without Etsy and its brilliant sellers, I wouldn't have been able to personalize my wedding the way I wanted to.  But I'll save the details for another post coming soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment